810 Sycamore Street, Suite 117
Cincinnati, Ohio 45202
The Law Office of Wendy R. Calaway, Co., L.P.A., Managing Attorney, Cincinnati, Ohio (2001-Present)
- Provide representation and counsel for individuals charged with felonies and misdemeanors, including all levels of criminal offenses, ranging from traffic offenses to aggravated murders, through all stages of prosecution, including motions, bench and jury trials, plea negotiations and sentencing, in juvenile, municipal and common pleas courts.
- Draft motions, argue appeals and post conviction petitions; in both State and Federal Court; obtained Rule 20 certification in Ohio for representation of indigent defendants in death penalty trials and appeals
- Draft briefs and argue appeals in State and Federal Court.
- Manage daily operations of law firm. Responsible for budgets, marketing and accounting. Supervise attorneys, paralegals and staff in the performance of business operation.
- Pursue civil rights litigation, including class action suits, against local, state, and federal departments and officials on behalf of a broad variety of clients, including individuals, corporations, and trade associations.
- Advocate on behalf of inmates incarcerated under unconstitutional prison conditions and pre-trial detention policies and corporations improperly excluded from publicly-funded development. Engage in impact litigation, to vindicate civil rights and to obtain prospective injunctive relief.
- Collaborate with counsel and paralegals from private law firms and non-profit groups and strategy and execution.