- Marijuana – 10 minutes
- If it is legal in my state, can I be fired for testing positive?
- Gay and Trans-Gender Issues – 10 minutes
- DOL Mandates $50,000 Minimum Salary For Exempt Employees? – 10 minutes
- What if you are not worth $50,000?
- What if the company did not earn $50,000?
- New Requirements for Government Contractors – 10 minutes
- We’re from the government, and we’re here to help. – Lie # 1
- This will not take long. – Lie # 2
- My business is sure glad you showed up. – Lie # 3
- NLRB’s Quickie Elections – 10 minutes
- Streamlining Board Procedure and Reducing Unnecessary Litigation
- Comparison of Current/New Procedures
- Immigration Update – 10 minutes
- Employment Rights of Immigrants Under Federal Anti-Discrimination Laws
- Questions and Answers – 10 minutes (As time allows).
- 7 part video, duration of 01:02:54.
- Production Date
Stephen is the leader of the Labor & Employment practice group at Thompson Hine. He counsels employers regarding all aspects of labor and employment practices.
Prior to joining the firm, Stephen was a law clerk for the Honorable S. Arthur Spiegel, U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio.
- Represented employers in significant class action lawsuits in federal court, including Fair Labor Standards Act, age discrimination and ERISA, national origin discrimination, WARN Act, and race discrimination.
- Represented employers and individuals in cases involving the enforcement of non-compete agreements and trade secrets violations.
- Represented employers before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the state Civil Rights Commissions.
- Defended employers in civil suits alleging discrimination, retaliation, wrongful discharge and intentional tort claims.
- Represented employers before the National Labor Relations Board.
- Counseled employers throughout union organizing campaigns.
- Aided employers in the conduct of campaigns to decertify unions.
- Developed human resources policies for employers, including creation of employee handbooks and other policy statements.
- Conducted training for management and supervisors in areas including anti-discrimination and harassment policies, hiring and termination practices, Family and Medical Leave Act, union avoidance and other employment related areas.
- “The Impact of Obergefell on Workers’ Compensation,” Thompson HineThe Law@Work, Summer 2015
- “DOL: Most Workers Are Employees Under FLSA,” Thompson HineLabor & Employment @lert, July 2015
- “New York To Implement Accelerated Adjudication Option,” Thompson Hine Business Litigation Update, May 2014
- Quoted, "NSFW: You can’t afford to ignore it,” Cincinnati Business Courier, April 18, 2014
- "SOX Protection Expanded to Contractor’s Employees Who “Blow the Whistle” on Contractor’s Publicly Held Clients," Labor & Employment @lert, March 2014
- "NLRB Resurrects 'Ambush' Union Election Rules," Thompson HineLabor & Employment @lert, February 2014